The Biathlon Bears Racers program is a skill development program designed for young athletes between the ages of 11 and 14 with whom already have develop the fundamentals in the Biathlon Bears program. The program continues to develop skills and ski and shooting techniques based on the foundation of the Biathlon Bears program while promoting fun and participation through hands-on learning, interactive games, and club competition events.
This program is a great pre-cursor to those biathletes wishing to continue his/her growth in Biathlon competitive streams.
The Biathlon Bear Racers program runs Saturday afternoon from 1:30pm – 3:00pm at Kamview Nordic Centre.
Program Fees covers
- Use of club air rifles
- Coaching Fees in program
Athletes will have the opportunity to compete in the following events
- BiON Air Rifle Championships, Duntroon ON – TBD
- Bruno’s Cup, Date TBD
- BAM Provincial Championship, Falcon Lake MB – TBD
- Biathlon Bears Racers athletes must be registered with Biathlon Canada and Biathlon Ontario as detailed on our registration page.
- Trail Pass to Kamview Nordic Centre will be required and purchased separately
- Skate Skis, poles and boots
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Ammunition. Standard Velocity, 40 grains. 2000 Rounds
- Proper winter attire for being active outdoor
- Daypack with extra mitts, gloves, toques, socks, etc..
- Water bottle/Thermos.
- Arm Cuff. Arm Cuff can be purchased from Nordic Marksman Inc website
- Contribute to Club fundraising activities is required
- Eligibility to participate in this program is at the discretion of coaching staff. Skill assessment will be performed prior to enrolment